If you are after a quality Geelong exterior paint result for your home, we have some top tips to help you achieve your goal.
Geelong Colourworld advice for DIY painters includes:
- Examine your home’s exterior carefully, plan your approach to painting and make sure you have the right tools for the job ahead.
- Surface preparation is integral to a good result. Pressure wash the exterior surface so it’s free of dirt, dust and grime. You can use cleaning agents to aid the process.
- Fill or repair any holes, cracks or damage to the surface earmarked for painting. Remove any flaky paint. Sand surfaces you’ve worked on to ensure they are smooth.
- Cover areas you don’t want paint on, such as security alarms, lights, doors and windows with painter’s tape or plastic.
- Select the right Geelong exterior paint for the task, such as Resene paint.
- Make sure you aren’t painting in extreme weather. The temperature should be at least 10ºC and don’t start painting in really hot conditions or the paint can dry before it properly sticks to the surface.
Paint not only improves the appearance of your home, it also helps protect it from the elements. And Geelong Colourworld has the products to help you achieve an excellent paint finish for your home every time.